- How did you hear about AIGA and tell us what made you decide to join?
- I saw a booth at TopCon 2 years ago. I was looking to connect with experienced UX designers and trade lessons.
- How does design impact your day-to-day life?
- I freelance writing mobile apps & games which are all about design. I keep my physical space clean so I’m not bombarded with unnecessary signals.
- What are you working on right now that you’re most proud of? We all need a little inspiration from time to time.
- Online games controlled by the chat of their audience. First game is Minesweeper.
- Who are you most influenced by in the design world and why, locally and beyond?
- Locally, graffiti artists & billboard advertisements. They sacrifice quality for signal strength — designers can learn a lot from that. Same thing for Chinese “knock-off” goods that imitate well-known images.
- Name your favorite design tool and give us a quick tip you use in your process.
- Handing strangers my phone and saying “Here, tell me what you think?” If random people can interact with something you’ve built, then you know it’s built well. No coaching! If it’s not instinctive, you need to do more work.